Have your ever felt envious about people who carry multiple passports and go fast track in airport customs check? Similarly, have you ever wondered how some people become a world citizen and set roots in multiple countries? Did you ever think that dual citizenship or multiple citizenships were exclusive to a limited group of people? Then we suggest you think again and explore more! It is not that difficult to get another citizenship! In our post, you will see how to get Turkish citizenship by real estate investment.
Without doubt, it is getting easier to resettle and restart your life in another country in today’s global environment. It usually is the lure of a soulmate or a life-changing job offer that causes us to resettle. However, an unescapable invitation or any other reason may also cause us to relocate and set new roots. Buying a new overseas property will give you an alternative home at your service even if you won’t resettle. After all, owning a house in another country will only diversify your economical risk. Notably, property investment becomes an even easier choice especially when prices keep steadily rising in Turkish housing market. Therefore, a home in Turkey will keep you more than warm and cozy and make you a world citizen.
Turkish Citizenship by investment Program
As a matter of fact, becoming a world citizen nowadays has gone beyond its traditional meaning. Gaining a citizenship does not only come by virtue of spouses or families any more. Increasingly more people are gaining other nationalities through citizenship by investment programs. Indeed, there are lots of investment options around the world offering residential permits to foreigners. Certainly, you are right as an ordinary person to ask “why should I even consider all this corporate investment headache?”.
To begin with, don’t get scared to face some corporate red tape, when we say “Turkish Citizenship by investment”. You don’t need to have a corporate identity or make any professional financial investment to become a Turkish Citizen. In other words, you don’t even need to have any Turkish family connections to buy Turkish property. All you have to do is to find a reliable realtor to help you find the home of your dreams.
How to Buy a Property in Turkey and Apply for Turkish Citizenship?
First of all, quick information on Turkish geography, climate, cities, infrastructure, economy and culture will get you accustomed to Turkey. If you would like to get to know about Turkey, you can read our article “Quick Facts about Turkey”. When you learn the basics of life in Turkey, you can easily decide on the real property options you have. At this point, it is very easy to buy property in Turkey and apply for Citizenship.
Once you decide on your ideal Turkish home the rest of the process is just paperwork. However, you don’t need to worry as your realtor will gladly facilitate the paperwork for you. Once you buy your Turkish house, it is time to enjoy warm reception Turkish people and offerings of Turkish culture. To summarize, below are the legal steps about How to Get Turkish Citizenship by Estate Investment.
Am I Eligible?
The applicant and applicant’s first-degree relatives (spouse and children under 18) can apply for citizenship. Of course there is also a minimum 250.000 USD property barrier to meet. We must remind you that all nationalities who may purchase property in Turkey may apply for Turkish citizenship by property investment. Currently, there are some restrictions for property purchases for several nations because of some political issues and international sanctions. These include; Syrians, Armenians, Greeks, Taiwanese, Greek Cyprus, Cuba and Northern Korea. For more information regarding the eligibility of these nations, please contact us.
Steps On How to Apply for Turkish Citizenship
- Register to Tax Office (Vergi Dairesi) and get a tax number.
- Open a bank account.
- Search your property options with your trusted real estate agent and choose the one that fits your expectations the best.
- Receive Official Valuation Report proving that property(ies) you are buying are officially worth a total of minimum 250.000 USD.
- Sign “Estate Sales Contract” or “Title Deed Transfer Agreement” with the developer or landlord at the notary.
- Buy real estate worth minimum 250.000 USD. It doesn’t have to be a single property. You can buy several properties at once to reach minimum level.
- Bank Transfer Receipt is required
- Application to Ministry of Environment and Urbanization for approval (this step is usually done by property developer. You just need to make sure this approval is there already.)
- Register your Estate(s) to Estate Registry Record under your name.
- Inscription of 3 years no re-sale restriction to Estate Registration Journal
- Apply for residencial permit and get registered at Census Directory.
- Prepare for Citizenship Application File which includes:
- Citizenship application form
- 2 biometric photos
- Current Passport or ID or proof of existing citizenship status
- Documents of Marital Status (marriage certificate or divorce decree etc)
- Certificate of Birth, documents of spouses and kids
- Census Registration Proof (Nüfus Kayıt Örneği) of any close Turkish relatives (if any)
- Documents supporting alleged date of birth (DOB) if applicant’s DOB is unknown
- Receipt of Application Fee Payment
- Citizenship Application to Census and Citizenship Directorate of Governorships
- Receive your Turkish Passports and enjoy the advantages.
You may always ask for a professional opinion
If you’d like to learn more about Turkish citizenship by real estate investment, please contact us. You can conveniently request an initial consultation session in person or online by WhatsApp, e-mail or send us a message on our website.