Have your ever felt envious in an airport after seeing people who carry multiple passports and go fast track in customs check? Accordingly, have you ever wondered how some people become a world citizen and set roots in multiple countries? Even did you think that dual citizenship or multiple citizenships were exclusive to a limited group of people? Then we suggest you think again and explore more! It is not that difficult to get another citizenship! In our post, you will find how to get Turkish citizenship by real estate investment.
Without doubt, in today’s fast paced and highly dynamic global environment, it is getting easier to resettle and restart your life in another country. In the firt place, it is sometimes the lure of a soulmate. Secondly, it might be a life-changing job offer. Then again, an unescapable invite from a friend that causes us to relocate to another country and set new roots. And if you don’t want to resettle permanently, a new overseas property will give you just another alternative home to navigate at your service. After all, owning a house in another country cannot hurt you. Especially if housing prices keep steadily rising in your home country. Additionally, across border investments always help diversify your economical risk.
Turkish Citizenship by investment Program
As a matter of fact, becoming a world citizen nowadays has gone beyond its traditional meaning. That is to say, more and more people are gaining other nationalities not by virtue of their spouses or families but through citizenship by investment programs. Indeed, there are lots of investment options around the world. And you are absolutely right as an ordinary person when you ask “why should I even consider all this corporate headache?”.
To begin with, don’t get scared when we say “Turkish Citizenship by investment” to face some corporate red tape. You don’t need to have a corporate identity or make any professional financial investment to become a Turkish Citizen. To put it another way, you don’t even need to have any Turkish family connections to buy real estate. All you have to do is to find a reliable realtor to help you find the home of your dreams.
How to Buy a Property in Turkey and Apply for Turkish Citizenship?
First of all, it is very easy to buy a real estate in Turkey and apply for Turkish Citizenship with the help of your trusted realtor. At this point, a quick information on Turkish geography, climate, cities, infrastructure, economy and culture will get you accustomed to Turkey. If you would like to get to know about Turkey, you can read our article “Quick Facts about Turkey”. When you learn the basics of life in Turkey, you can easily decide on the real property options you have and buy a real estate worth minimum $250.000.
Once you decide on your ideal Turkish home the rest of the process is just paperwork which is a straightforward process which your realtor will facilitate. To summarize, below are the legal steps about How to Get Turkish Citizenship by Estate Investment. After all, you don’t need to worry about any of these steps. Just let your realtor do the paperwork. Important to realize, once you buy your Turkish house, it is time to enjoy warm reception Turkish people, Turkish cuisine, Turkish beaches and unique Turkish heritage.
Am I Eligible?
In the first place, applicant and their first-degree relatives (spouse and children under 18) who purchased property at minimum 250k USD can apply for citizenship. Must be remembered that all nationalities who is able to purchase property in Turkey may apply for Turkish citizenship by property investment. Currently, there are some restrictions for property purchase for several nations because of some political issues and international sanctions. These include; Syrians, Armenians, Greeks, Taiwanese, Greek Cyprus, Cuba and Northern Korea. For more information regarding the eligibility of these nations, please contact us.
Steps On How to Apply for Turkish Citizenship
- Register to IRS (Vergi Dairesi) and get a tax number.
- Open a bank account.
- Search property options with your trusted real estate agent and choose the one that fits your expectations the best.
- Receive Official Valuation Report proving that property(ies) you are buying is officially worth minimum 250.000 USD.
- Sign “Estate Sales Contract” or “Title Deed Transfer Agreement” with the developer or landlord at the notary.
- Buy real estate worth minimum 250.000 USD. It doesn’t have to be a single property. You can buy several properties at once to reach minimum level.
- Bank Transfer Receipt is required
- Application to Ministry of Environment and Urbanization for approval (this step is usually done by property developer. You just need to make sure this approval is there already.)
- Register your Estate(s) to Estate Registry Record under your name.
- Inscription of 3 years no resale warranty requirement to Estate Registry Book
- Apply for residency and get registered at Census Directory.
- Prepare for Citizenship Application File which includes:
- Citizenship application form
- 2 biometric photos
- Current Passport or ID or proof of existing citizenship status
- Documents of Marital Status (marriage certificate or divorce decree etc)
- Certificate of Birth, documents of spouses and kids
- Census Registration Proof (Nüfus Kayıt Örneği) of any close Turkish relatives
- Documents supporting alleged date of birth (DOB) if applicant’s DOB is unknown
- Receipt of Application Fee Payment
- Citizenship Application to Census and Citizenship Directorate of Governorships
- Receive your Turkish Passports and enjoy the advantages.
You may always ask for a professional opinion
If you’d like to learn more about how to get Turkish citizenship by real estate investment, request an initial consultation in person or online by WhatsApp, e-mail or by sending a message on our website.