Maybe not the first two months of 2021, but we have been witnessing a big boost in house sales in Turkey to foreigners. Turkish Statistical Institute published a newsletter “House Sales Statistics, June 2021 ” on 12 July 2021. And, yes, we are right! Real estate sales to foreigners are at all-time-high! It has proven an increase in property sales to foreigners with these statistics.
What does this newsletter tell us? According to these figures, real estate sales at all-time high in the first half of 2021. In summary, property sales to foreigners display a record level. In other words, housing sales to foreigners in the first six-months of 2021 display a record level with 20,488 sales. This is the highest sales performance of the first 6 months’ period ever. And, this corresponds to an increase of 44% compared to 2020. Previous sales record was in 2019 with 19,952 property sales. In summary, real estate sales at all-time high in the first half of 2021.
Number of real estate sales to foreigners in the first half of 2021
Housing sales to foreigners made a poor start to 2021. Indeed, January and February sales were down compared to 2020, for instance. However, this trend changed in March. 4,248 units of housing sales in March was the best figure ever reached in a March. Previous performance was 3,036 in March 2020. Therefore, you can see a remarkable 40% rise in demand. Furthermore, shift continued in April 2021, as well. To spesify, housing sales of 4,077 more than quintupled in April 2021, as compared to April 2020. Also, 1,776 unit sales in May 2021 were more than double the sales of May 2020. Similarly, property sales almost tripled to 4,748 in June 2020.
Property sales to foreigners by nationalities
When we look at the top 3 ranking countries generating the highest housing demand, it remains unchanged in 2021: 1) Iran, 2) Iraq, 3) Russia. Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Germany, Yemen, Azerbaijan, United States of America, Palestine, Ukraine, Egypt, Pakistan, Kuwait, China, Lebanon, England, Sweden and Sudan are the following countries. Countries that passed 500 houses threshold within 6 months included Iran, Iraq, Russia, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Germany, Yemen, Azerbaijan, United States of America and Palestine. 20 countries crossed the 250 houses threshold, in total.
The most preferred cities in Turkey
And alos , highest property demand drawing cities remained untouched: 1) Istanbul, 2) Antalya 3) Ankara. Mersin, Yalova, Bursa, Sakarya, İzmir, Muğla and Samsun followed these cities. Although the rankings of city preferences differed slightly in 2021 from 2020, top ten cities remained the same.
What do statistics tell us?
In conclusion, real estate sales at all-time high in the first half of 2021. We believe that this high sales trend results from international interest and confidence in Turkey. Moreover, we predict these high sales trend to continue in the upcoming days because of following reasons:
- Quality buildings
- An established real estate system
- Turkey’s democratic structure that allows any lifestyle
- Hospitable approaches towards foreigners
- Affordable construction costs and
- The Citizenship Program.
In addition, we would like to share the highlights of the statistics we piled up for you:
- Highest number of property sales in the first six months: 20,488 units
- Year-on-year home sales growth rate: 44%
- Highest number of sales in March: 4,248 units
- Amount of increase in April: 5 times
- Highest number of sales in April: 4,077 units
- Amount of increase in May: 2 times
- The increase in June: 3 times
- Highest number of sales in June: 4,748 units
- Highest property demand by countries: 1) Neighboring Countries (Iran, Iraq, Azerbaijan) 2) Developed Countries (USA, Germany, China, Russia, Sweden) 3) MENA Countries (Lebanon, Egypt, Palestine, Yemen, Jordan, Kuwait) 4) Others (Ukraine , Kazakhstan, Afghanistan, Pakistan)
- Countries with over 500 purchases: 10 countries
- Countries with over 250 purchases: 20 countries
If you want to take advantage of this rising Turkish property buying trend and make a timely purchase before prices go up, contact us now!